04.04.2005 :: Another Before and After
Roving from ebay (dudleyspinner):
Finished skein of yarn:
Color is good!
I never did a 100 things about me...
But, since Diana prompted for this one, I'll reveal at least these...
10 Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
1. Stuck my hand in a walrus' mouth - more than once.
2. Dived for pearl-bearing oysters (dressed as a Japanese Pearl Diver. Heard many times over those two summers, "You don't look like you're Japanese...")
3. Dressed up on a regular basis as Penny Penguin and Baby Shamu.
4. Pushed back 737s during inclement weather (I was told that I did very smooth push-backs - e.g. the pilot's coffee didn't spill when I stopped the tow motor.)
5. Designed animated "cheers" for the scoreboard at the Ohio State Football stadium. Watched the OSU games from the pressbox too. (the pressbox rocks back and forth during "Hang on Sloopy" - it's a little bit disturbing)
6. A salchow.
7. Trained an Asian Short-clawed otter to eat shrimp though he clearly preferred Canadian River Smelt.
8. Ran the physical wiring in a Central Office to complete customer orders for phone and DSL service. (The third picture down is a Cosmic frame, which is the type that I worked on - though I did some work on a traditional frame as well. A note about these pictures - they are from a Verizon CO. I don't work for Verizon, but I have to say that it's uncanny how similar all Central Offices look.)
9. Passed the CCIE written test two times (never actually took the lab).
10. Watched the start of a NHRA Pro-Stock race while standing on the tarmac at the starting line.
Posted by Mary on 04.04.2005 AT 10:00 PM